Thursday, February 5, 2015

Do Americans like Villains in Sports?

        In my opinion, I feel that Americans like villains in sports when the the villain is going to lose. They like seeing their favorite team take down the Villain and be a hero to their respective city. In this article however, they take into account that boths team that played in the Super Bowl were evil villains. It discusses how the Patriots are like Lex Luthor. The evil genius who continuously gets in the way of Superman and causes him a myriad of problems. " Whether it's allegedly deflating footballs in the men's room of their stadium (Deflategate), or spying on other team's practices (Spygate), head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady know all the lines that can't be crossed, and how to cross them"(John A. Tures).  The losing team being the Seahawks, can be compared to The Joker. Marshawn Lynch truly brings out the Joker-esque personality of the Seahawks. He fails to comply with uniform regulations and he has a dislike for media questions, he truly shows how the Seahawks resemble the psychotic Joker.

     The Super Bowl was one of the craziest games I have seen in quite awhile. The back and forth nature  kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire game. It wasn't until the amazingly lucky catch by Jermaine Kearse that I gave up hope. After I let out a scream that could be heard for miles, I sat back in my chair in utter disbelief. I had given up. I was ready to pack up and leave my friend's house. I took one last look at the television and saw Russell Wilson preparing to make a throw. I ran back to see Malcolm Butler make the interception of his life and save the game for the Patriots. I was ecstatic. I hugged just about very one in the room and was so unbelievably excited. I could not belief the series of events that had occurred in the last few minutes of the most important football game of the year. I lost my mind and spent the rest of the night cheering and celebrating with my friends. It was a night I will remember for the rest of my life. I spent it with some of my best friends and watched the most thrilling and exciting football game. It is a game that will be talked about for quite some time.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment