- The author of the article, Patrick Hruby, is a sports writer. This means that his job involves watching sports and writing about the arguments that arise from sports topics. He has integrity and a great reputation.
- He brings up a topic that is highly debated in the sports realm. Doping in the sports world. This is a topic that interest people many people that are sports fans.
- He also uses methods to get the reader involved, which also helps get the interest of the readers. It makes the reader feel like the author needs his/her help in writing the article.
- The author comes to logical conclusions in the article where he states what the NBA lacks and why so many people can get away with doping in the NBA.
2. A lack of biological passports
3. Advance notice to players of drug testing
These are some of the few examples of rhetorical writing methods in the article.